Tips For Improving Your Pipetting Practices
Accuracy matters in science and this blog reports on all things related to pipetting accuracy; best pipetting practices, regulatory compliance, pipette error prevention, innovative techniques and more. Below techniques are intended to improve your pipetting practices and ensures the most accurate test results. Below is a list of some helpful tips for your laboratory pipettes in India to consider.
Consider These Best Practices For Your Next Pipetting
- When installing the pipette tip, use consistent force: In order to ensure a proper fit each time when installing your pipette, it is important that you are applying the same, consistent force. Do not jam the tip in place because this can damage your pipette tip thereby negatively affecting your results.
- Aspirate at 90 degrees and dispense at 45 degrees: For test accuracy, the angle at which the pipette aspirates or dispenses a substance is very important. These accurate angles makes sure that the required measurement enters the tip properly. It ensures that all of the liquid gets fully dispensed without leaving any residue in the tip.
- Pre-wet the pipette tip:
- Place the tip just below the surface when aspirating:
- Dispense against the side of the receptacle:
- Release the plunger slowly:
- Do not hold the pipette when you are not pipetting:
To prevent cross contamination and to flush away any residual substances from the pipette tip, you need to pre-wet the tip by aspirating the liquid into the tip once and then dispensing all the liquid out. Before taking the desired volume, do this 2 to 3 times.
Put the tip approximately 2-3 ml below the surface of the liquid. This ensures that no air is being aspirated and it allows you to draw up more than the measured volume. Then, to get your desired measurement, you can release the excess liquid.
Make sure to dispense against the side of the receptacle or into the liquid that is already in the receptacle. Never squirt or shoot the liquid into the air because that can affect your measurement results.
To avoid air bubbles during the aspiration process, it is important to release the plunger with a slow and controlled motion.
To hold a pipette which is not in use affects thermal transfer and that ultimately affects the measurement.
Get Accurate Pipettes In India For Proper Measurement
Sakan Trade Links has found these pipette techniques to be extremely useful in any lab space. These techniques have added to the top quality standards we seek to execute. To improve your measurement accuracy and to maintain the state of your pipette equipment, you should practice these techniques. Moreover, get your pipettes in India from us for we are a reliable distributor of Mettler Toledo products.